2009年4月6日月曜日

Creative Commons - Using Photographs

I love this photo I found of "玉入れ" (tamaire), a traditional ball game played at school Sports Days in Japan. I am looking forward to using it next term when I talk about Sport with my Year 4 students.

Japanese students are usually divided into two teams on Sporst Day, red and white. On my last trip to Japan I bought a class set of the reversible hats that the children wear. They are a great idea - red on one side, white on the other. Every child has one as part of their sports uniform. You form teams for games during sports lessons or on Sports Day by asking half the students to turn their hats to the white side, and the other half to the red.

I'm not quite sure how to use Creative Commons correctly. I'm guessing I'm supposed to acknowledge the photographer, but I'm not sure of the rules. Does the acknowledgement have to be in a particular place, or of a particular size relative to the photo? (ie is very small text under the photo or at the end of the document in which it is used, acceptable?) I'm also confused because I did a Creative Commons search on Flickr, but the small print next to this photo includes a copyright mark, not a Creative Commons symbol. (By the way, this photo was taken by "cheboo".)

I watched one of the videos on the CC website. Maybe I should watch a few more to understand it better!!

Need to learn a bit more about this....

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿